[Rd] Maintainer NOTE in R CMD Check

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Sun Mar 9 02:04:32 CET 2014

Using R 3.0.3 and Rtools 31, I now see a Note (reproduced on my R-forge checks) of the form

* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
Maintainer: 'firstname A B lastname '

where A and B are middle initials.

I can change to a 'firstname lastname' form or 'INITS lastname' form and that removes the above Note*, but I then get a Note warning of maintainer change.

Is either Note going to get in the way of CRAN submission? (And if one of them will, which one?)

S Ellison

*A minor aside: I couldn't find any documented reason for that, or indeed any restriction on the format of a maintaner's name other than 'name first email second in <>'; perhaps I missed something there?