[Rd] index.search

Adrian Dușa dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro
Mon Jun 16 07:33:59 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 6:37 AM, Gabriel Becker <gmbecker at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> [...]
> You can. This is valid R source, so the parser will understand it
>
> expr = parse(text= example("deMorgan", package="QCA", give.lines=TRUE))
>
> You can then evaluate some or all of that expression using either R's own
> eval package or, e.g. Hadley Wickham's evaluate package (for your particular
> usecase evaluate will be easier I think).

Oh, I see...! In that case I can use it, of course.
Did install the evaluate package, although one would expect some
better documentation (no examples at all, especially at the main
evaluate function).

>> [...]
> index.search is an unexported function, which means that it is subject to
> change in how it behaves without notice or even externally available
> reasons. You can get it via :::, but again, it's really not the right tool
> here, and not safe to use in general in code you expect to keep working.

Yes, I figured that much.
Of course it's not meant to be used in any decently working code, but
I learn heavily by simply looking at these sort of (hidden) R
functions.

Thanks again,
Adrian

--