[Rd] what is the current correct repos structure for mac osx binaries?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Jun 14 02:22:24 CEST 2014

On Jun 13, 2014, at 5:41 PM, Skye Bender-deMoll <skyebend at skyeome.net> wrote:

> Dear R-developers,
>
> As part of our package building process, we maintain internal CRAN-like repositories of our packages.  This has worked pretty well, but we are running into issues with R 3.1 and OSX mavericks.
>
> Specifically, machines with osx mavericks seem to, by default, expect packages to be located under a 'mavericks' sub-directory, but this is not the location reported when generating a mac.binary appropriate contrib url.
>
> >contrib.url('foo')
> [1] "foo/bin/macosx/mavericks/contrib/3.1/"
>

> If I ask where the mac binaries are on a linux machine (AND on mac mavericks machines) I get
>
> >contrib.url('foo',type='mac.binary')
> [1] "foo/bin/macosx/mavericks/contrib/3.1/"

I don't think that is true. On all machines (Linux, OS X, ...) I get

> contrib.url('foo', type='mac.binary')
[1] "foo/bin/macosx/contrib/3.1"

Note that the type for the mavericks build is "mac.binary.mavericks", so on all machines you also get

> contrib.url('foo',type='mac.binary.mavericks')
[1] "foo/bin/macosx/mavericks/contrib/3.1"

The only difference are the defaults for pkgType - they differ by the build, but the repo structure is fixed and consistent across all platforms.

Cheers,
Simon