[Rd] R CMD check for the R code from vignettes

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Sun Jun 1 05:03:07 CEST 2014

Yes, that is a matter of familiarity as I mentioned, isn't it? I
understand this justification. I can argue that it is also convenient
to give people an Rnw/Rmd document and they can easily run the R code
chunks as well (e.g. in RStudio, chunk navigation and evaluation are
pretty simple) _within_ the context of your teaching materials.
However, I think this is drifting away from the original topic, so
I'll stop my comments on the direction of teaching.

The original question was, what do we lose if we disable tangle for R
package vignettes? Please also note I mean this is _optional_, i.e.
package authors can _choose_ whether they want to disable tangle.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>