[Rd] blas test problem

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 10 07:45:29 CEST 2014

On 09/07/2014 17:17, lejeczek wrote:
> I wonder if anyone amongst developers had a chance to try ACML.

Yes, and documented its use in the R manual over many years.

> AMD's implementation when R is supposed to use it seems to fail the test
> similarly,

Please do read the manual for yourself (see the posting guide):
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-patched/R-admin.html#ACML .

> on a side note, I had R build with ACML and performance-wise it looked
> really really promising,

Compared to what and on what CPU?

I have found ACML disappointing compared to MKL or even ATLAS on the
CPUs I use (which are Intel, but then most people's are).