[Rd] R reference classes - how to extend a generator object?

milo milo.chen at outlook.com
Thu Jan 23 13:42:21 CET 2014

Hello,

I want to extend a generator object, but all the R help files have on this
subject is:

"Note that if one wanted to extend the reference class generator capability
with a subclass, this should be done by subclassing 'refGeneratorSlot', not
'refObjectGenerator'."

OK, but how do you actually do this? So I've tried:

MyGenerator <- setRefClass("MyGenerator",
    contains = "refGeneratorSlot",
    methods = list(
        new = function(...) {
            message("Hello, I'm being instantiated now!")
            callSuper(...)
        }
    )
)

but now what? How do I actually use this in conjunction with my class
definitions that use setRefClass()?

Many thanks,