[Rd] Where to put package vignettes

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Thu Feb 20 18:37:46 CET 2014

It is not guaranteed that knitr vignettes will work for R < 3.0.x
(even with the Makefile approach, which was really a hack). Unless you
must stay with R 2.15.x, you are strongly recommended to upgrade to R
3.0.x and forget about the Makefile approach. Then follow the three
steps mentioned in http://yihui.name/knitr/demo/vignette/

If you still cannot work it out, please point us to the source of your package.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>