[Rd] seq range argument

Berry Boessenkool berryboessenkool at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 13:43:18 CET 2014

Hello dear developers,

I find myself often having the result of "range" oder "extendrange", which I want to create a sequence with.
But "seq" needs two seperate arguments "from" and "two".
Could an argument "range" be added?

Otherwise I will have to create an object with the range (may come from a longer calculation), index twice from it and remove it again - kind of an unnecessary bunch of code, I think.

Here's an example:

# What I currently do:
D_orig <- rnorm(20, sd=30)
D_range <- extendrange(D_orig, f=0.1)
Ijustneed <- seq(D_range[1], D_range[2], len=100)
rm(D_range)

# what I'd like to have instead:
D_orig <- rnorm(20, sd=30)
Ijustneed <- seq(range=extendrange(D_orig, f=0.1), len=100)

regards,
Berry