[Rd] how useful could be a fast and embedded database for the R community?

joanv joan.iglesias at live.com
Tue Dec 23 18:31:04 CET 2014

Dear all,

I'm developing a new database with the ability to perform very fast seek,
insert, and delete operations. Also is able to perform very fast comparison
of datasets. It has been designed to work embedded into other programs
programmed in R, Fortran, C++, etc.

It can manage efficiently billions of numeric datasets in a single machine.

Right now I do not know in what fields of the R community could be helpful
such a database, or if there could be a need of such a capability in the R
community.

Could someone help me in this topic? Partners for the project are also
wanted, specially R experts, or experts on other kinds of calculation
programs (vasp, gaussian, etc... )

Regards and thank you.