[Rd] CRAN packages mis-using \donttest : falsy

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:43:10 CET 2014

On 08/12/2014 3:38 PM, Gábor Csárdi wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > Why not declare colorspace as a "Suggests:" kind of dependency?
>
> I guess that is a solution. :/
>
> In another example in the 'disposables' package I have:
>
> \donttest{
>   pkg <- make_packages(
>     foo1 = { f <- function() print("hello!") ; d <- 1:10 },
>     foo2 = { f <- function() print("hello again!") ; d <- 11:20 }
>   )
>     foo1::f()
>     foo2::f()
>     foo1::d
>     foo2::d
>     dispose_packages(pkg)
> }
>
> So in this case should I suggest 'foo1' and 'foo2'?

I would guess that will lead to testing problems, since foo1 and foo2
won't be installed when R CMD check runs.

In this case, I don't see a way to include that code but avoid
warnings.  So you could ask for forgiveness when you submit it to CRAN
(and perhaps they would be forgiving), or you could use some other code
in your example.

Duncan Murdoch