[Rd] C API for parse error

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Apr 29 17:09:23 CEST 2014

On Apr 29, 2014, at 6:39 AM, JaiReddy <avula.jayakrishna at gmail.com> wrote:

> May I know if we have any C api(or any other way) in retrieving the parse error message after calling R_ParseVector?

R_ParseErrorMsg

But AFAICS it's not part of the API, so beware (although it's not hidden). By now I think it's safer to use try(parse(text=), silent=TRUE) which gives you the full error with details (the Msg is only one part). It could be worthwhile to think about exposing a C-level API to all the R_ParseError* pieces, though - but I'll leave that to the parser experts since only they know if this is now stable enough.

Cheers,
Simon