[Rd] The regular expressions in compareVersion()

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 09:36:47 CEST 2014

On 25 Apr 2014, at 14:50 , peter dalgaard <pdalgd at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Thanks.  I've put in a bug report on this one now, so it shouldn't get missed again.  If nobody else gets to it first I'll deal with it.
>>
>> I don't see any value in fixing the compareVersion example, but if someone submits a bug report about it, someone else might fix it.
>
> No point in clinging to obviously incorrect code either. Fixed in R-devel.
>
> Peter

Notice that I haven't touched Sweave, just compareVersion. The RE's may well be incorrect for Sweave, but the obvious fix was tried in r64087 and broke "make" when building vignettes, hence the reversion in r64100.  (See R-devel mails from Oct 23, 2013 if you care.)

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501