[Rd] helping R-forge build

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 17:11:44 CEST 2013

(subject changed from Re: [Rd] declaring package dependencies )
> Yes useful. But that includes a package build system (which is what
> breaks on
> R-Forge). If you could do that on a six-pack then could you fix R-Forge
> on a
> three-pack first please? The R-Forge build system is itself an open source
> package on R-Forge. Anyone can look at it, understand it and change it
> to be
> more stable. That build system is here :
>
> https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=34
>
> (I only know this because Stefan told me once. So I suspect others don't
> know
> either, or it hasn't sunk in that we're pushing on an open door.)
>
> Matthew

Open code is necessary, but to debug one needs access to logs, etc, to
see where it is breaking.  Do you know how to find that information?

(And, BTW, there are also tools to help automatically build R and test
packages at http://automater.r-forge.r-project.org/ .)

Paul