[Rd] Fortune! (Re: declaring package dependencies)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Sep 13 16:11:43 CEST 2013

On 13 September 2013 at 08:31, Michael Friendly wrote:
| Thanks for this explanation, but I'm still confused about how to avoid
| the wrath of the CRAN-devel daemon, whose appetite for new morsels of
| developer flesh seems ever increasing and makes keeping even a stable
| package up-to-date a moving target.

_Obviously_ a fortunes candidate. CCing Achim.

[ And I informed my first-born that her time with us will surely be limited
  as I expect CRAN to demand every submitters first child any day now ... ]

| Perhaps such changes in R devel should be announced on this list for public
| comment before they are enforced in R CMD check.

Many of us have suggested that many times before, but CRAN has the longer
stick and simply refuses to play along.

"Eventually" the tides will turn and some of us will be fed up enough and
stop uploading.  But so far we still have an (uneasy?) truce, and everybody
is playing (fighting?) along.

And don't even get me started on the state of r-forge build services...

Dirk