[Rd] R CMD config for R >= 3.0.1

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 10 23:44:41 CEST 2013

On 10/09/2013 22:24, crunch wrote:
> I need to build R on a Centos machine where I have no admin privileges.
> Believe I have to build from source, but cannot find the configure script in
> the source bundle.  Am I missing something?

Yes, as it is there.  We can only guess that 'the source bundle' you
have is not the correct file. As 3.0.2 is close, I would start with
R-patched from ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Software/R/ (a link on the
CRAN front page).

It contains an installation manual, online at
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-patched/R-admin.html

[What may be more of a problem is installing the tools you need: does
your box have a Fortran compiler, for example?]

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk