[Rd] Is it possible to tell 'R CMD check' to accept certain filenames starting with a period?

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Sep 10 02:26:05 CEST 2013

I a few of my packages I'd like to be able to add files starting with
a period that installs with the package, e.g.
inst/configs/.BatchJobs.R.   Currently [R Under development (unstable)
(2013-09-08 r63880)], R CMD check --as-cran complaints about this as:

* checking for hidden files and directories ... NOTE
Found the following hidden files and directories:
  inst/configs/.BatchJobs.R
These were most likely included in error. See section 'Package
structure' in the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

It is not true that this is an error.  Is there a way to tell R CMD
check that it's intentional?  Think .Rcheckignore analogously to
.Rignorebuild and .Rinstignore (I know that does not exist).

/Henrik