[Rd] Including R code from another package...

Jonathan Greenberg jgrn at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 3 21:27:47 CEST 2013

R-developers:

I had a quick question for the group -- let's say a package I am
developing depends on a single, small function from a large
CRAN-listed package.  I can, of course, set a dependency within my own
package, but are there means by which I can include the R script + man
file DIRECTLY in my package (of course attributing the code to the
original programmer).  Does it require me asking the package manager
directly?  If not, what is the proper way to cite that a given script
was coded by someone else?  Cheers!

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD