[Rd] Minimal build of R ...

Jony Hudson jony.hudson at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 3 18:13:03 CEST 2013

Hi Gabriel,

 yes, packages obviously contain all the good stuff, but need to start somewhere!

The ipython notebook project is very impressive, and I've been keeping a close eye on it, although I started out on monkeycruncher long before I was aware of it (I make slow progress). I guess I think of my thing as an experiment in just how much can be done purely in the web client. There are some advantages to pure client-side (rich interactivity, no need for a server, ubiquity) which make it interesting, but it might be a bit "too soon" to be useful!

Jony

--
Centre for Cold Matter, The Blackett Laboratory,
Imperial College London, London SW7 2BW