[Rd] R CMD check in R-3.0.0 gives warnings

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 22 21:03:11 CET 2013

I am running R CMD check on my package nleqslv with R-3.0.0 beta (2013-03-33 r62364) on Mac OS X 10.6.8

In contrast with R-2.15.3 R CMD check now issues a note for

- Mercurial version control files .hgignore, .hgtags and directory .hg. These are however included in .hidden_file_exclusions.
- typical Mac Finder files .DS_Store

All of these are ignored when executing R CMD check --as-cran.

I can't remove the .hg* files and directories. I could remove the .DS_Store files to avoid the note.

The note is harmless but annoying and strikes me as slightly overzealous.

Berend