[Rd] wishlist: ObjectFiles

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 16:00:12 CET 2013

It is possible to list binaries in BinaryFiles and thereby excluded
them from R CMD check (although they are disallowed by CRAN).

I am interested in the same functionality, but for object files.
Background: in Rgraphviz, we (I) include pre-compiled object files for
use on Windows, because generating these object files requires a full
unix environment, and not just the pieces exposed in Rtools.  I am
interested in excluding these files from R CMD check's check of
whether "stray" object files are included.  I imagine this could be
useful for other packages.

Best,
Kasper D Hansen