[Rd] pretty eerie feeling: Google "down", Twitter "down", R sites up

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 27 17:32:14 CEST 2013

Maybe this is just from inside ETH Zurich,
but I haven't seen this before in many years:
for > 15 minutes now, for me and at least someone else here,

- Google (incl. Gmail, calendar..) is entirely unreachable
- Twitter is "connecting" and is not reached (in the browser),

- three major Swiss news(paper) websites (20min, TA, NZZ) are out
  of reach,

but  "of course" the ETH web sites are fine for me (but I'm inside ETH)
and notably,

  www.r-project.org ,
  bugs.r-project.org,
  cran.r-project.org
  developer.r-project.org
  svn.r-project.org

are all fine and up... an eerie feeling indeed.

Martin