[Rd] Compile error with gfortran-4.6

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Jun 10 01:43:47 CEST 2013

On Jun 9, 2013, at 5:50 PM, Fabio Mathias Corrêa wrote:

> Dear prof. Brian Ripley,
>
> Thanks for help!
>
> I compiled using the command:
>

> MAKEFLAGS="FCFLAGS=-fopenmp" R CMD SHLIB hello.f90

Obviously, that won't work. Not only are you abusing MAKEFLAGS for something that it's not designed to (please consider reading the manual and set the proper PKG_* flags instead), but you fail to link with openmp. Also even if you link properly, depending on the runtime you may need R configured with openmp support as well. Again, please read the manual about how to use the proper *_OPENMP_* flags (go figure, the section mentioning all this is even named "OpenMP support" ;)).

Cheers,