[Rd] dmvnorm

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Thu Jun 6 08:06:22 CEST 2013

+ I am writing an R extension that needs to call dmvnorm more than
10,000 times during a model fitting computation.

+ My extension uses openmp for parallel execution.

+ As of R 3.0, it is no longer permitted for threads to call the R
interpreter because there is a stack overflow check that always trips
because the thread's stack is different from what R is expecting.

+ Therefore, I need a C version of dmvnorm.

+ The mvtnorm package maintainer is not interested in
R_RegisterCCallable.

Can a C version of dmvnorm get added to the R core?

--
Joshua N. Pritikin
Department of Psychology