[Rd] Building R with Cairo

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 26 10:43:22 CEST 2013

On 25/07/2013 20:35, Ben Warren wrote:
> All-
>
>       I have been hacking on an R 2.15 build on an Ubuntu 10.4 box, and I do
> not know how to debug R's error message regarding cairo "working".
>   Configuration completes without the expected additional capability (cairo)

We don't support obsolete versions of R. (Although there never was a
'2.15', this seems to be 2.15.1, four versions old.  See the posting guide.)

You will need to look in config.log to see the details, but I expect the
information in the 'R Installation and Administration Manual' covers
this.  You really do want pango for decent font support.