[Rd] Who does develop the R core and libs, and how / where is it hosted?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Jan 14 21:50:04 CET 2013

On Jan 14, 2013, at 3:29 PM, oliver wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I saw Binaries, stable release-souzrces and daily snapshots of R, but
> not something like a repository, visible for the public (like on githb for example).

Ehm, I would expect a bit better from someone who is on the list for several years ;) - the reading the docs - in particular you'll find answers to most of your questions in the FAQ ...

> How is the R development handled, what repositories / source code versioning tools
> are used, who are the developers?
>
> And is there something like a plan with future goals,
> which are planned for the next releases?

See developer.r-project.org, other than that features are typically announced in NEWS as they are being implemented.

> Are there areas, where help is needed?

If you have someone with a good R knowledge, check out the wish list.

> And in which way could support be done?

Write good packages, provide patches to R, donate to R foundation?

Cheers,
Simon