[Rd] nobs() with glm(family="poisson")

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 20:48:26 CET 2013

On Feb 27, 2013, at 19:46 , Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:

> I cannot believes nobody cares about this -- or I'm completely wrong and
> in that case everybody should rush to put the shame on me... :-p

Well, nobs() is the number of observations. If you have 5 Poisson distributed counts, you have 5 observations. If the number of observations is not the right thing to use in some context, use the right thing instead. Changing the definition of nobs() surely leads to madness.

(I suppose that the fact that n is so obviously the wrong thing for one particularly well-digested family of distribution functions could be taken to indicate a generic weakness with the BIC.)