[Rd] Contract Syntactic Sugar

Brian Lee Yung Rowe rowe at muxspace.com
Mon Feb 4 23:10:32 CET 2013

Ivo,

You might be interested in my lambda.r package which provides syntax (using the %::% operator) for type constraints. Given a function with n arguments, the type constraint requires n + 1 types, as the last type listed is the return type. Lambda.r also provides syntax for specifying any arbitrary condition on the input arguments via the %when% operator. For your example below you could do the following:

exponentiate(x, exponent) %::% data.frame : numeric : numeric
exponentiate(x, exponent) %when% {
  is.positive(x)
} %as% {
  x$base ^ exponent