[Rd] Error building R from SVN - unable to run 'pdflatex' on 'example-1.tex'

Jonathon Love jon at thon.cc
Mon Feb 4 03:52:50 CET 2013

G'day,

I'm trying to build R using the code from SVN. I am able to successfully
build the source from here:

http://cran.r-project.org/src/base/R-2/R-2.15.2.tar.gz

However, when building the code checked out from SVN (either from 2.15.2
tag, or the trunk) I get the following error:

Error: running Sweave on vignette
'/home/jonathon/projects/R/src/library/utils/vignettes/Sweave.Rnw'
failed with message:
  chunk 2
Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
   unable to run 'pdflatex' on 'example-1.tex'
Execution halted
make[1]: *** [vignettes] Error 1

Is there a way I can fix this?

with thanks