[Rd] Symlinks when building R on windows

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 13:04:29 CET 2013

On 13-12-30 4:47 AM, Olivier BARTHELEMY wrote:
> Ok, i used the procedure in the manual. I think i am almost at the end of
> the build process. I am stuck however at the build of grDevices module.
> While byte-compiling it, i get the following error :
> Error in solve.default(rgb) : 'a' must be a complex matrix
> The line of that syntax errror can be found back in make.rgb of
> src/library/grDevices/R/convertColor.R
> I doubt this file has a syntax error. The only possible cause i can think
> of is if the previous rbind that creates rgb returns NULL, but i can't find
> what would cause that.
> Any hints on where i could look for the problem?

I've never seen that error, so can't offer much help.  Did you delete
everything from your previous unsuccessful build attempts?

Do note that it is not a syntax error, it's an evaluation error.  It
would likely have happened during the construction of the colorspaces
list, which calls make.rgb later in that same file.  You could insert
print() or message() statements to localize the error, but it's not an
error that should have happened in a valid build.

Duncan Murdoch