[Rd] How to package cran package into a debian package so that it can be installed using apt-get

rk0709 i.richa.khandelwal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 11:45:46 CET 2013

Debian packages are not available for all r-cran-* packages.

In one of my R scripts, i am using forecast package which is not available
as apt-get package. Also it is dependent on R 3.0

To install such packages on my server i do not want to go by
install.packages(), rather i would prefer to create debian package.

How can package cran into a debian package so that i can install it on my
servers using apt-get ?