[Rd] legitimate use of :::

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 18:05:43 CEST 2013

On 13-08-22 11:54 PM, Yihui Xie wrote:
> Maybe it is not a good idea for R CMD check to check ::: at all, and a
> warning in R-exts and ?':::' may well be enough. On the other hand, it
> is just so easy to get around :::, because everybody can see its
> source code:

It's a really bad idea to write tricky code to subvert the tests.  If
the tests are wrong, you can argue for changes (and in this case you
did, and changes were made), but if you can't give a convincing
argument, you should follow the good practices that the repository
policies enforce.

Duncan Murdoch