[Rd] cyclic namespace dependency detected when loading ...

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Wed Aug 21 16:34:22 CEST 2013

Hi R users,

I am developing two packages. Each package uses some functions from the
other package. Now when I define these dependencies in the NAMESPACE
file (via importFrom(XXXX,function1,....)), i get this error (when
building one package):

cyclic namespace dependency detected when loading 'XXXXXX', already

Is there any way to prevent this error? Shouldn't this case be allowed
in some way? Or can package dependencies only be in one direction?

Thanks
Jannis