[Rd] legitimate use of :::

Brian Rowe rowe at muxspace.com
Thu Aug 22 23:52:09 CEST 2013

Another point to consider is that copying someone else's code forces you to become a maintainer of the copied code. If there are any bug fixes/enhancements/what-have-you in the original you won't get those updates. So now you own the copied code and need to consider the cost of the codebase diverging (from the original).