[Rd] legitimate use of :::

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Thu Aug 22 07:45:08 CEST 2013

Hi,

So now R CMD check starts to warn against :::, but I believe sometimes
it is legitimate to use it when developing R packages. For example, I
have some utils functions that are not exported but I want to share
them across the packages that I maintain. I do not need to coordinate
with other authors about these internal functions since I'm the only
author and I know clearly what I'm doing, and I want to avoid copying
and pasting the code across packages just to avoid the NOTE in R CMD
check. What should I do in this case?

Regards,
Yihui
--