[Rd] 2 questions about signal & broken connection in R

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 14 18:38:57 CEST 2013

You seem to be assuming that Ctrl-C is the way to interrupt an R session
and that it sends a signal.  Neither are true, in general, nor is there
a general way to turn off interruptibility from the R console.

You have not followed the posting guide and it may be that you are only
interested in some particular R setup -- which you did not tell us about.

If you want to run code so that it is not interruptible from a console,
do not run it from a console ....