[Rd] R 3.0, Rtools3.0,l Windows7 64-bit, and permission agony

Prof J C Nash (U30A) nashjc at uottawa.ca
Sun Apr 21 19:48:38 CEST 2013

While as a Linux user who has not so far been banished to Winland I have
not experienced this problem, it seems to be the type of issue where a
"how to", for example, on the R Wiki, would be helpful. Moreover, surely
this is a name conflict on different platforms, so possibly a list of
these in a related location would also be useful. I have been struggling
unsuccessfully to remember one that bit me recently when I did have to
help a Windows user. It was not a major disaster, but more of a large
sucking sound of time being wasted figuring out something that was just
a shade more than trivial.

If there are folk who can get this started, do include me in an off-list
copy and I'll be willing to test/edit wiki material.

JN