[Rd] "Failed to locate the 'texi2pdf' output file"

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Fri Apr 12 23:34:24 CEST 2013

Hi,
Every day a few Bioconductor packages (different ones each day) fail
to build, on Windows only, with an error like this:

D:\biocbld\bbs-2.13-bioc\meat>D:\biocbld\bbs-2.13-bioc\R\bin\R.exe CMD
build --keep-empty-dirs --no-resave-data OrganismDbi
[...]
Error in find_vignette_product(name, by = "texi2pdf", engine = engine) :
  Failed to locate the 'texi2pdf' output file (by engine
'utils::Sweave') for vignette with name 'OrganismDbi'. The following
files exists in directory '.': 'OrganismDbi.Rnw', 'OrganismDbi.tex',
'databaseTypes.pdf'
Calls: <Anonymous> -> find_vignette_product
Execution halted

This is puzzling to me because I would have thought that
'OrganismDbi.tex' was the file it was looking for, yet it says that
file exists.

These build errors are transient...if I re-run the build, the error
does not recur. So I was hesitant to report the problem because can't
be reproduced consistently. Nevertheless it is a problem.

> sessionInfo()
R version 3.0.0 (2013-04-03)
Platform: i386-w64-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

Thanks,