[Rd] R-package preparation --as-cran behaving unexpectedly

Stefan Boehringer s.boehringer at lumc.nl
Wed Apr 3 13:25:19 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I am trying to submit an R-package to CRAN. In preparation I do run

R_INSTALL_TAR=/bin/tar R CMD check --as-cran parallelize.dynamic_0.9.tar.gz

and the command finishes without warnings or errors. As a final output I get

NOTE: There was 1 note.
See
‘.../Rpackages/parallelize.dynamic/parallelize.dynamic.Rcheck/00check.log’
for details.

The file contains the standard output of the 'R CMD check ...' call
precisely. If I submit this very tarball to CRAN I get rejected with
warnings as reported from '--as-cran' checks there. In my case they are
valid warnings about assignments in .GlobalEnv which I can certainly
fix. However, my concern is about the discrepancy between the outputs of
'R CMD check --as-cran' runs locally as compared to the run on the
CRAN-site.

Any help is appreciated. I am running

R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26) -- "Trick or Treat"
Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit)

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

--
http://visigen.lumc.nl/emgm