[Rd] if(--as-cran)?

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Sep 4 23:21:33 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I'd like to second this fairly simple request. I currently enclosed some of
the examples in the effects package in \donttest{} blocks to satisfy the
CRAN timing requirements for examples. It would be nice to have something
like a \donttestcran{} block that suppresses the tests when --as-cran is set
(and on CRAN itself).

I'm sure that I've missed many of the nuances in this discussion, but this
seems like a simple solution to me.

Best,
 John