[Rd] Retrieving data from aspx pages

jose ramon mazaira jramaza at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:12:21 CET 2012

Thanks for your interest, Paul.
I've checked the source code of TSjson and I've seen that what it does
is to call a Python script to retrieve the data. In fact, I've already
done this with Java using the URLConnection class and sending the
requested values to fill the form.
However, I think it would be more useful to open a connection with R
and to send the requested values within R, and not through an external
program.
The application I've designed, like yours, is also page-specific
(i.e., designed for
http://cxa.gtm.idmanagedsolutions.com/finra/BondCenter/AdvancedScreener.aspx),
but I think that our applications would be more powerful if they were
able to parse the name-value pairs generated from ASPX (or of any
other dynamically generated web page) and ask the user to select the
appropiate values.