[Rd] Class generator functions for reference classes

John Chambers jmc at r-project.org
Tue Oct 30 22:09:05 CET 2012

A heads up for those using Rcpp and perhaps other packages related to
reference classes.

The changes in 61035 cause a problem for classes defined with a slot
using the return value of setRefClass(), notably for Rcpp. The name of
that class changed.

Rather than introduce back-incompatibility, I will rename a couple of
classes so the class name of the return value remains the same.  (It's
not as natural a naming scheme as what is in place, but not the first
time back-compatibility has won out over preferred design.)

It will be a day or two before I can get to this, so don't panic if your
package does not install from the current r-devel until then.

John