[Rd] Rcmd_environ and R_LIBS_{USER,SITE}

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Oct 18 16:12:50 CEST 2012

Keith,

On 18 October 2012 at 09:14, Keith Jewell wrote:
| No reply in a number of hours, so here is a suggestion from ignorance :-}
|
| ?Startup refers to a number of other "site and user files to process for

Thanks, and I know, and use those on Linux (and on 'doze when I use it).  My
question was specifically about 'R CMD foo' which skips some of these by
choice, and which Rcmd_environ appears to overcome, albeit imcompletely. I
still have an issue on Windows where I cannot split my package installations
between those that come and go with R installations, and the others.

But it is truly bizarre that I can do (on Windows)

  R CMD INSTALL foo_1.2-3.tar.gz

and a moment later

  R CMD check foo_1.2-3.tar.gz

fails in its tests and examples with "no package called 'foo'"

Doing 'R CMD check --no-examples --no-tests foo_1.2-3.tar.gz' works, but is
less helpful as we're running the check to run those very tests...

Dirk