[Rd] Sighandlers

Ulrich Staudinger ustaudinger at activequant.com
Sat Nov 17 16:56:04 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

I am searching and searching and can't find an answer.

I try to register a sighandler in my extension's C code. But my
sighandler is never called. Is there anything preventing extensions to
receive signals?

I register like this:

[.. some code that works ..]
      // register the sigint listeners.
      if (signal(SIGTERM, killReceiver) == SIG_ERR) {
        printf("2 An error occurred while setting a signal
handler.%s\n", stderr);
      }
      if (signal(SIGHUP, killReceiver) == SIG_ERR) {
        printf("3 An error occurred while setting a signal
handler.%s\n", stderr);
      }
      if (signal(SIGINT, killReceiver) == SIG_ERR) {
        printf("4 An error occurred while setting a signal
handler.%s\n", stderr);
      }
[.. even more code that works ..]

handler code:

static void killReceiver(int signum){
  printf("Cleaning up\n");
}

When I exit R, my signal handler is not being called. Am I listening
to the right signals? Do I have some misunderstanding on my side?

Funny side story, if I manually raise(SIGINT), my handlers gets called.

Thanks for some light on this,

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Staudinger