[Rd] An idea: Extend mclapply's mc.set.seed with an initial seed value?

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:10:02 CET 2012

I appreciate your problem, and getting reproducible random generator
results on a parallel system is something to be careful about. However,
I would avoid making it too easy to have a fixed seed. In earlier days
there were mistakes too often made by users inadvertently using the same
seed over and over again (on simple single processor systems), for
example, by reloading a session with the seed set.

Paul