[Rd] update.formula simplify = FALSE

isubirana isubirana at imim.es
Mon May 14 19:00:57 CEST 2012

Dear R users,

I am building a packaged where I want to use the "update.formula" function,
but modifying the option "simplify = TRUE" to "FALSE". Since this is not an
argument, I modified the code and created a new function as:

update.formula2 <- function (old, new, ...) {
    tmp <- .Internal(update.formula(as.formula(old), as.formula(new)))
    out <- formula(terms.formula(tmp, simplify = FALSE))
    return(out)
}

This works fine. But when creating and checking the package ("R CMD check
--as-cran mypackage"), I obtained a warning saying that ".Internal" function
cannot be used inside a package.

Does anyone know how to define an "update.formula" (or equivalent) setting
"simplify = FALSE"?

Thanks.

Isaac Subirana.
IMIM. Barcelona.