[Rd] An extreme quantile of the geometric distribution

michael.baudin at contrib.scilab.org michael.baudin at contrib.scilab.org
Sat Jun 30 12:13:19 CEST 2012

 Hi,

 I'm sorry, I do not clearly understand.

 I'm aware that the source is available at :

 http://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/src/nmath/qgeom.c

 But a good source does not mean a correct result, because of
 compilation issues. Moreover, I do not fully understand why the 1e-7
 coefficient in the formula was put there. The comment "add a fuzz to
 ensure left continuity" is not obvious to me.

 Best regards,

 Michaël