[Rd] How to change name of .so/.dll

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Wed Jun 13 10:45:44 CEST 2012

Matthew Dowle <mdowle <at> mdowle.plus.com> writes:

> On Tue, 2012-06-12 at 20:38 -0400, Simon Urbanek wrote:
> > Something like
> >
> > all: $(SHLIB)
> >         mv $(SHLIB) datatable$(SHLIB_EXT)
> >
> > should do the trick (resist the temptation to create a
datatable$(SHLIB_EXT) target - it doesn't work due
> to the makefile loading sequence, unfortunately). AFAIR you don't need to
mess with install.libs
> because the default is to install all shlibs in the directory.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Simon
>
> Huge thank you, Simon. Works perfectly. +100!
>
> Matthew

I guess the 'mv' command works on Mac, too. For Windows I think I need to
create pkg/src/Makevars.win with 'mv' replaced by 'rename'. Is that right?

all: $(SHLIB)
        rename $(SHLIB) datatable$(SHLIB_EXT)

I could try that and submit to winbuilder and see, but asking here as well in
case theres anything else to consider for Windows.

Thanks again, Matthew