[Rd] Patch to add Beta binomial distribution. Mentor needed!

Joan Maspons j.maspons at creaf.uab.cat
Mon Jun 11 20:10:45 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to implement the Beta binomial distribution as a R package.
I studied R-ext manual but still there are some problems. The code in
C seems to work except for the rbetabinom function which is not very
random (it always returns the same values for the same parameters). I
have tried to use GetRNGstate(); and PutRNGstate(); but it give a SEG
FAULT when I call GetRNGstate. You can try the code like this:

cd /path/to/src
cmake ./CMakeLists.txt
make
./r-package

I can build and install the package but when I call the functions from
R they always return NULL except for rbetabinom which remains hanged
indefinitely.

Any advise?

--
Joan Maspons
CREAF (Centre de Recerca Ecològica i Aplicacions Forestals)
Tel +34 93 581 2915            j.maspons at creaf.uab.cat
http://www.creaf.uab.cat