[Rd] Interaction parameter for split()

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 18:12:23 CEST 2012

Tal's wonderful aggregator recently reblogged this post:
http://rsnippets.blogspot.com/2012/06/you-should-not-use-split-in-production.html

It's a rather obscure little buglet [and probably only arises in
pathological cases], but I don't know if it's not a case that deserves
a bit of consideration (in spite of the point "Anonymous" makes in the
comments). His second proposal (giving an "sep=" parameter for
interaction) seems the easiest fix and won't break back compatibility.

It's not my use case, but I hadn't seen any noise about it here and
would be happy to submit a patch if the powers that be are interested.

Best,
Michael