[Rd] large dataset - confused

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Mon Jul 23 19:43:36 CEST 2012

On 07/23/2012 12:32 PM, walcotteric wrote:
> I'm trying to load a dataset into R, but I'm completely lost. This is
> probably due mostly to the fact that I'm a complete R newb, but it's got me
> stuck in  a research project.
> I've tried just opening the text file in WordPad and copying the data
> directly into R, but it's too big and causes the program to crash.
>
> Any suggestions or assistance? I'm kinda desperate and lost.

Check the manual about loading data:

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-data.html

If you're still having trouble, read the posting guide:

http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html

Follow its advice about reproducibility.

Also, this question should have been directed to R-Help, not R-devel

Regards,

    - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson